Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pill Popping


This morning I was reaching for my newest dose of the Armour Thyroid meds and I was like OMG! I sure have a ton of bottles in this cabinet. All them varying doses of varying thyroid meds. This is a trial and error process of finding out what works best for my body.

I have been on my current dose of Armour for a whopping 8 days and I feel pretty decent. None of the side effects that I had the first time around on it which I suspect is because of healing the Adrenal glands and supplementing with Vit B12. We'll see, only time will tell. I will stay on it for another 12 days and than I go back for bloodwork to see if anything has changed in my blood profile. I am optimistic that all the answers  while be forthcoming. With no hard training looming, there is not the sense of urgency that I had felt before so I feel like we have a little wiggle room to get things right this time around.

This week while searching for a blank piece of paper so I could use the printer, I can across this Lab Bloodwork results dated 5 yrs ago. I scanned it and it looked like bloodwork from annual exam with also a cholesterol screening. At the very bottom of the lab work there was a TSH result - It was flagged reading I was out of range. For anyone that knows the ranges and their meanings, it listed 4.83. WOW! Classic Hypothyroid. I was flabbergasted that I have had this for 5+ years and did not know. I actually find this encouraging in a weird way. I feel like wow I have run 16 marathons with a malfunctioning thyroid. What can I do when we can get it optimal and all the hormones are in balance.

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

No comments:

Post a Comment