Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Just when I needed it.....

Keep Trying
How quickly the tide can turn from hour to hour, day to day, month to month. I must remember this in the future. Last week, I was crying about my hair falling out and this week I was crying because I was so happy that I had a big breakthrough in a workout.

I had to keep my chin up and try ever mental positive trick I had up my sleeve to keep my spirits up after last week. I would read everything I could, listen to every happy song, read all happy quotes, talk about only happy things but there was this low level sadness that I had a hard time shaking off.

Although each day I was determine to put my best foot forward even if they were a bit sad feet - they were moving feet so I took pride in them all the same. They were determined feet to find their way.

Well on Tuesday, I had a workout that I had never really done before and I had no idea what to expect. It was basically 10X90 hard/90 seconds easy. After warming & a few slower strides, I had no idea what I had in the legs asmy strides were less pepping as they usually are. I was super surprised when I hit 5:54 for the first rep and than 6:00 for second rep. What was to come was even more surprising and awesome. The thing about workouts like this is you have no time to think but just do. They hurt to the point where if you think about it all - you surely do not want to do another. During the recovery jog, I tried not to think at all cause when I would hit my watch to go again if I had any hesitation than it would screw with my ability to relax.

My splits for this workout went like this - Can I say I have never, ever ran this fast before!!!!
5:54, 6:00, 5:54, 5:57, 5:48, 5:54, 5:52, 5:46, 5:45, 5:50


After the workout and in my cool down, I started tearing up a bit. Mostly for being grateful to see a breakthrough like this after all the ups & downs of this past year. When my hope was being challenged with Dr appts and Hair loss and lab reports... It was a moment when I knew what I have been working for is going to workout both in running and in my life. Everything is going to be amazing! Well it is already is pretty darn amazing and I am thankful for all the amazing things that Hashimotos and Thyroid Disease has brought into my life - My close friend Kat, My awesome coach, and all of the life lessons only it could teach me. I will keep fighting to get optimal and hopefully help others with this disease fight their way out of it. 

Everything is going to be amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment