Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 5, 2013

Be Proud to be Awesome

be proud, be confident, be happy

You know we are are suppose to be proud of ourselves. Not in the "I am better than you" sort of way or in a "boostful look at me look at me sort of way" but in the way we can smile at ourselves for a job well done or in I am in love with my life sort of way. 

I was thinking about this in the context of a relationship - a really amazing marriage like mine :-) I have been with my husband for 16 yrs and going to celebrate our 14th Anniverssay this summer. I can smile about our relationship and love with a deep sense of pride that we fought for this strong marriage when it was hardest to do so, that we loved each other through some of the toughest years and moments, that when the going got tough we stayed strong and held on to each other. Marriages of any length are not easy. They take work, commitment and immense love. Above those virtues a deep & satisfying marriage takes the willingness to ride out the storms knowing that it will be worth it. 

I can look at my marriage with pride to say that I am part of something truly rare and wonderful. 

I can also look at my running life with a deep sense of pride. That I have fought through some big storms to remain standing. That I continued on to fight for this dream when it was hardest to do so. That I held on when strong winds blew through. I am proud of myself that I kept running when it was physically, emotionally and mentally hardest to do so. That I keep my chin up & stayed positive even when tears threaten to pour over from frustration and disappointment.

I am proud of that girl that decide to ride out the storm knowing it would soon end and the sun would come out again. 

Dear Past Jamie, Thank you for staying strong, keeping the faith, and doing all the hard work. I am proud of you and thankful that you held on. Love, Present Day Jamie
  

DO something that your future self will thank you for


No comments:

Post a Comment