Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 29, 2013

Jamie - Where did you put your groove?

Reflection

I think a lot had come at me in the past couple of weeks. I really trying to process everything and stay positive. I believe the 2 week rest period did me good. In the beginning I had no desire to run so that good as I didn't have to fight with myself not to run. I think the thyroid was pretty elevated which had me more in a fog of fatigue too plus the emotional rollercoaster post-Boston.  Also I didn't realize how draining it would be to really get more answers on my thyroid condition by going to several drs. I finally got a prescription for an natural hormone replacement which is suppose to be better than the synthetic. After the overdose of synthroid, I have been cautious about supplementation with hormone in hopes my body would regulate itself. That didn't happen at all and my TSH continued to be elevated.

Additionally, I think this funk is also combined with the post-marathon blues that are inevitable but also a bit disorientating.


Anyway I feel overall much better in the past few days on the new hormone. Keeping hopes up that I will feel good running on it.


This week I return to running and hope to get my groove back in all ways!

mama said there'd be days like this




No comments:

Post a Comment