Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Proving I am fit

Uncertainty

So this idea came to mind after Charleston "no go" marathon. I needed to prove my fitness to myself. I knew on some level that I am super fit but have not been able to prove it in a race setting. For whatever reason, these have not lined up for me to race with this fitness that I know is there.

On Tuesday, I decided I would run a marathon pace or faster progressive long run. Not really knowing exactly how I would feel or what paces I would hit, I just went into open minded. I decide I would warm up for 2-4 miles @ 8:06-8:40 and than move to 7:53, 7:47, 7:35, 7:30, 7:25, 7:19, 6:53, 6:48, 6:31 and than 2 cool down easy miles in 8:30 range. Amazing I felt completely comfortable this whole run even in the last mile of the progression. I was chatting to someone in the room while I was the treadmill. I never felt strained or forced. Only tired from concentrating my efforts on a treadmill for that long.

What I took from this run was when the pressure is off me I do really well. Whether some of my problems on race day are health related or not I still think I let fear get the best of me. When there is no pressure to perform well I do not sabotage myself and get myself worked up and do stupid things like take a thyroid pill knowing full well that I did not need.

From here I grow and know more is possible...

I keep finding pieces of my puzzle and putting them into place.

I am well, I am healthy, I am growing and I am HAPPY!!!

Couldn't be more perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! My name is Cameron and I was reading a few of your posts and had a quick question. I can be reached at cvonstjames@gmail[dot]com. Thank you so much, I hope you're having a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete