Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 14, 2013

True Story! Thryoid Meds make Nutty!

So after 10 days on the low dose of synthroid, I felt like my heart was racing. I felt like I had to struggle for air and my breathing was not as relaxed and control. Which is not what I want for the marathon. So I took myself off of Synthroid - 3rd time to try and 3rd to stop. What is a girl going to do? I have no idea but I was running pretty decent in the weeks before the I jump back on the hormone replacement so I am going to take my chances a la no DRUGS. We'll see :-) We'll be seeing how that goes.

After Grandmas, I will take a couple weeks off from running and a slow build back which should help monitor thyroid and rule out Adrenal Fatigue.

I totally think it will be fine in fact better than fine. The break will coincide with summer and kids being home. Hey! If I had to take downtime, I totally do not mind taking it in the summer months when running is difficult.

Well that is plan for now and I am sticking to it!

I am so looking forward to Duluth and feeling excited and hopeful. Most of the work is done. I have a long run of sorts tomorrow. 8 miles with 10X1 hard in the middle of run. I love these types of runs. It is really to help kept the legs moving.

Have to the keep the faith this week and not let myself think rather OVERTHINK my fitness and thryoid. It is what it is......

No comments:

Post a Comment