Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

AIS/AIF

I wanted to write a quick note on AIS/AIF that I learned a few weeks back while in NYC. I have been incorporating it in pretty regularly into my running in the past 3 weeks. I am very excited about how healthly and balanced my body feels. My calf are the healthiest they have ever been. I use to have to get massage pretty regularly but haven't had them worked on in 4 weeks and they feel great. Very exciting to see my body benefiting from this modality. Now is it the end all be all tool? Not sure yet..it is too soon to tell but I have elimnated yoga and static stretching from my post run practice and my body feels great. The Whartons are heavy against both yoga & static stretching for lost of reasons. So I figure I need to trust it as it has keep many of athletes healthy. I use to have to practice yoga 2-3 days a week and static stretch post run to get loose now I spend maybe 10-15 minutes a day with AIS/AIF stuff. I have taught my husband how to release my hip flexors and a few other assisted moves that need an extra set of hands and body weight. Before bed I am like sweetie - will you release my hip flexors :-)?? Oh that feels really nice :-) hehehe He doesn't get much of it but a nice view of my butt. HA!! Well see - time will tell how it works for my body but I like how it has carried me through several 70+ mile weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment