Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I Ran

I was able to run today. Woo Hoo! Calf was a bit sore but held up fine for a nice 6 mile run. It was the prettiest AM we've had in a while. I totally enjoyed every a moment of this run and said many prayers of gratitude that I was able to run today.

Now I think I am out of the woods on this calf issue. I am contiuning to ice, heat and self massage & AIS. Post run I was thinking about how I have not been doing a very good job of taking care of my body in the past couple of weeks. I was rushing the post run stretching & flexibilty stuff and/or totally skipping it all due trying to get evertyhing in before I had to get kids off to camps or get them from camps or just trying to get out of the heat. Sometimes after a run I could barely tolerate the heat & sun to do my cool-down stretch routine. Honestly having to do that soemtimes a twice a day was making think I could skip it once an while. Yes, I was not being the runner that I am in the school but this issue was a reminder that stuff is important as the running. Do all the work not only the running. I have to figure out a way to be better about all this stuff for the next 6 weeks! Can't take my body for grant as I ask a whole lot from it.



‎"Be good to yourself. You are God manifested, and that's reason enough to treat yourself kindly." - Wayne Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment