Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 29, 2012

Trust your Struggle

I keep this in my head and it comes in handy for AMs and days when I am struggling. Struggling with low energy, lack of focus, a new ache or pain or just the balancing act of it all. Today I woke up that calf being tight again when I was walking especially on the stairs I could feel it's tightness. Add overall low energy and this heat wave that is looming - I am struggling to stay focused and positive.

It is funning how you can have some great days like yesterday that turned into days of struggling the next day. Who knows why? But I was on cloud nine yesterday and really focused and excited but today I am struggling to find energy.

On days like today, I wonder how I am going to contiune to pull down 70 mile weeks in the midst of this heat and summer break. It is truly hard for me to be focused during the summer. Not only because the kids are home but because of the relationship I have always had with summer. Like it is the chill season where you relax a lot, swim a lot in the pool and having lazy evenings drinking some firefly lemonade. Summer has always been my down training season where I had start ramping back up for the fall in August. This is not the summer I have had in the past so I am learning to adapt but there is a voice inside me that yearns for those times too and thus I struggle.

These are thoughts & quotes that I try to counter that voice of doubt & fatigue -

You can't have the rainbow with the rain.

The thing you want is on the other side of this struggle. You can have anything you are willing to struggle for.

A smooth sea never made for a skilled sailor.

Do not pray that your path be easier but that you are blessed with more tools and resources to navigate your path.

“Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory.”
–Mahatma Gandhi

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

Whatever the struggle, continue the climb. It may be only one step to the summit.

For better or worse, our future will be determined in large part by our dreams and by the struggle to make them real.



No comments:

Post a Comment