Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Holding On - It works

How the tides can turning quickly in your favor when you decide to keep a chin up!

Yesterday AM we had a nice break in weather, temps dropped to low 70s with cloud cover. Yes the humidity was still hovering around 80-90% but baggers can't be choosers at this point. I was thanking my lucky stars for the 75 degrees and wonderful cloud cover when I hit the track. I actually feel like God specifically did this for me and me alone :-) hehehe Just kidding..but this break in weather really boosted my spirits.

Ran easy for 4 miles and than I had 8X150 at max effort and 2 recovery miles.

Nothing too demanding but very important part of the overall training plan.

I enjoy this sprint work a lot so I went in to the workout confident. Jeff had list 5:50 pace as the target. When I hit the first one at 5:22 with complete ease, I knew I was in store for a good day on the track.

For the 8 150s -

5:22, 5:11, 5:10, 5;02, 5:00, 4:48, 4:49, 4:45

Those are bascially 30 second sprints at max effort. I was so shocked to see how easily I was able to hit those sub 5 minute paces. I never pushed for them and just had a strong powerful form that I keep relaxed throughout. Wow.. Very excited. I know my coach was very impressed as he had no idea I was that fast. I didn't either!!!

I leaves me very hopeful and excited about all the amazing things to come.

One lesson I learned about this weahter obstacle, it reminded that it is where I need to be to get to where I am going, it is making me stronger and I think it will make me know that I will be able to accomplish what ever work out Jeff throws at me in the fall cause I already went through the hells of training to get to the good stuff in the fall!!!

Hold On - It is always is harder before it gets really good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment