Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Dream that is no longer my own!

While running today with a friend, she shared with me about how my running inspires her.

And I thought of everyone who has every shared with me, how much my running and passion has inspired them to purse big goals and be better than they thought they could be. I think of this older guy at the gym who struggled to run 3 miles and recently told me because my guidance and encouragement that he is training to run his first marathon, or the sweet teenage girl that shares her running with me when she keeps it a secret passion from everyone else, or my sister who is risking it all and opening up a business because she watched me go all in with my dream.

For me, this dream is no longer just for me, it is for everyone I might meet or cross paths with to maybe give them the inspiration or the courage to fight for their dream. This dream is very much rooted in the need to be my children's source of inspiration and strength. I want them to have the courage in their lifetime to do all the hard things and to be brave enough to keep reaching for BIG dreams. I want them to see my fail, hurt, pick myself up, try again & ultimately succeed. I want them to see me NEVER GIVE UP so that they will never give up on their own potential.

I looked up the word - Inspire

1. To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence.
2. To fill with enlivening or exalting emotion:
3. To stimulate to action; motivate:b. To affect or touch: The falling leaves inspired her with sadness.
4. To draw forth; elicit or arouse:
5. To be the cause or source of; bring about
6. To draw in (air) by inhaling.
7. Archaic
a. To breathe on.
b. To breathe life into.





No comments:

Post a Comment