Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 31, 2013

Puzzle Pieces

I found these awesome puzzle pieces foam letters at Walmart!

Oh my! The week has gone by and I have barely written in here. Last week I promised myself I would write in here and often to continue to express myself during this time.

Things are starting to click here for me. I am feeling better and more like my old self running. Running more consistently well and being to do speed work and tempos without taking 3-4 days to recover from one workout. Even my long runs are not taking me long to recover from so that is really a great thing. In the past, yes I would manage a strong tempo or speed work here and there but I would be toast for days after and really would not being to put in any other significant work for 3-5 days. If I did try to run hard it often ended up being a sub par effort. So I am celebrating that I have been able to do one speedwork, tempo and long run a week and not carrying over any fatigue from the previous runs. I think it also has a lot to do with the way my coach is structuring my training which never depletes me fully and focuses on recovery.

I am waiting for bloodwork to come back from an extensive blood panel. It will be interesting to see what the results say. I have been feeling so much better with just the nutritional adjustments and training adjustments that I wonder what the bloodwork will say. If I am still not normal in TSH range, well that is great cause it leaves room for improvement and if I have come into the normal optimal range than that is great too. Either way it is I feel like everything is working out.

So with just 3 weeks to Grandma's I am pleased with where I am at mentally and physically. The pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together to form a beautiful picture. I will keep putting puzzle pieces in place over the next few weeks. I am thankful for pieces (people like my coach, my friends & family and drs) that I have been given to me to help complete my puzzle :-)


Puzzle piece

No comments:

Post a Comment