Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Courage - A Runners Best Quality

Courage (also bravery, boldness, fearlessness, mettle, fortitude, or intrepidity) is the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.
Today I am thinking about how I will have to continue to summon my courage to confront doubts that arise in the next 8 weeks. Even with confidence growing day to day, there is still a voice that will say well what if this fitness is not there on race day. Jeff has been reassuring me that my fitness is "way ahead of schedule". So I have ultimately trust in him and draw strength from his belief in me. It will is take courage for me to continue to believe and use that courage to be fearless at Kiawah and than Houston. In Kiawah, I plan to push to the limits so that can practice this mental fortitude and courage for Houston. I want to prove to myself that I have greatness in me. I will confront race pain and see what I can do.
Gutsy Courage is what I need to develop in Kiawah.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a
habit. - Aristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment