Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Liberate from my Fear of Failure

Today I found myself chatting openly to someone about my dreams and gaint aspirations as a runner. I have tended to shy away from truly & openly discussing what I have hoped to accomplish as a runner. Mostly out of fear that if I don't achieve these goals those people I had shared with me would look down apond me and think or say I knew you couldn't to do it. So I have never openly discussed how truly & deeply I want to accomplish some amazing marathon times in the few years. Today without my normal inward tendencies I blurt out to someone that I hope to one day win a marathon. Wow! Did I say that?? Yep, I did. Now it is out there...I let the cat out of the bag. Now I know this is going to be long path and I don't have any thought of like winning Boston or Chicago or some mega marathon but a small town marathon - Yes, it is ambitious and will take a lot of work! Plus I think the journey and all the milestones in between will be amazing! First goal is run sub 3:35 at Houston marathon in 9 weeks. Than 3:20s in June in Charlevoix and just maybe a sub 3:20 in December 2012 - somewhere :-) I have all the tools now to go on this journey so why the heck not purse something truly great!! I deserve it :-) Right!!
I can say I no longer have a fear of the failure and can openly talk about my dreams. I have faith in my heart that one day I will accomplish all the dreams my heart and mind conceive.
When talking with this gal about my dreams, I remembered a poem a friend once shared with me. When you dream and shine your light, you unconciously allow others to believe in themselves and shine there light!
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear in that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the World. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won’t feel unsure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. As we let our own Light shine, we consciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear ,our presence automatically liberates others."

No comments:

Post a Comment