Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 28, 2011

Recover Run

After a 3 week hard training segment in prep for Houston, I was feeling a drained this AM during my recovery run. Hoping the recovery run would pep me and renew my spirit. It did for the most part but still am feeling a little blah and the ambition that was sorrowing through my soul last week is feeling blase at best. I think that hanging on for 22 miles @ my easy pace somewhat brought back the reality that this marathon effort is not going to be easy by any means. I am going to really have to tough it out no matter how fit I am going into it. I think a few good workouts can leave one overdosed on confidence and my 22 miler brought this confidence back down to earth. I think we all need these types of soul searching long runs that let you know you got more work to do and not to take your fitness for grant. 7 weeks to get stronger....

No comments:

Post a Comment