Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 21, 2011

Failure before Success

I have been doing lots of soul searching these past few months after a crummy 2010 running year. I have been on a roll in 2009 and starting to really reach my potential. Than 2010 came and my running just started to fall apart - 3 marathons in a row dismissal results and several shorter distance mediocre races with less than desirable results. I feel like I had worked as hard physically but nothing was coming together for me. I reached rock bottom at my June marathon when tummy troubles stuck me again around 15 miles and dashed my hopes of a PR. I cried for days and through my pain and tears, I emerged strong and more determined to conquer what need to be conquered - my mental attitude. I have spent the last 3-4 months getting mental fit for the distance. I plan to train my mind and I expect my body to follow.
Without all these failures, I would not emerged this strong and determined. I may have continued on just accepting small gains. I know longer have this attitude.
So I can look back on my failures and less than desirable results not with an ugh in my heart but gratitude for paving the way to my success!
Did you know that Michael Jordan was cut from his High School basketball team?
Did you know that The Beattles were told no by almost every recording company in their time?
Did you that Walt Disney was fired from his newspaper job because he lacked imagination?
If you never failed, than you have never lived!

No comments:

Post a Comment