Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hitting those Hills Hard

I was not at all looking forward this workout! It was sitting on my schedule and I had sort of been dreading it for the past 4 days. Sometimes Jeff gives me these montser workouts that have me knotted up for days before. There have been only a few workouts like this over the past year but when you conquer them"ah, its an amazing feeling".

Today was the Monster of all workouts! IMO - I willingly take anything over Hill Repeats and umh - 3 Miles of them @ 5K pace. WTF!!! Oh and than have nice relaxing 4 mile tempo immediately after the completion of the hill repeats. Yeah Baby!!

Here is the workout -
3 Mile W/U, 12 X 90 second Hill Repeats jog down to recover, 4 Mile Tempo, 2 C/D

First couple repeats were a bit slow due legs just not ready for that effort bright & early this AM.

Hill Repeats

6:54, 6:49, 6:32, 6:36, 6:50, 6:32, 6:41, 6:45, 6:39, 6:35, 6:43, 6:40

4 Mile Tempo

7:46, 7:43, 7:42, 7:40 @ 7:43 average

This is a workout you just have to gut out. By no means is this fun stuff especially having to run the tempo portion on a hilly course after running 3 miles of Hill Repeats. I think my lungs and legs would have been much happier hitting a flat stretch for the tempo. Oh well what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right!!

I am happy to be done and know it is a good sign that my legs never fatigued in the entire workout. Now when I can get the lungs back 100% from asthma/allergies season - holy moly only amazing things can happen from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment