Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Happy Sweaty Girl


I took this picture to send to my hubby in celebration of an awesome run!!!! I was stopped in traffic I promise :-) Finally OMG! Something magically happen. I set out to run a 10 Mile progression with no expectations just run by feel. I started out slow around 8:40 pace for the first mile just to loose up the legs and than I started moving in the second mile I hit 8 minutes and hovered there for bit working my way to 7:53 and than 7:47 and with 2 miles to go I felt like I should see if I could really move so I pressed to 6:53 and than final mile 6:27. Woo hoo! I felt so good :-) I have not felt that great and have a run come to me so easily in at least 2-3 months.

I have no idea what this means and by no means does this mean I am marathon fit to run what I could if I had in a solid training segment but I think it does reflect that my speed is there. It makes me very excited that all those miles really did the work of building a strong aerobic system.

I am very much looking forward to my last long run tomorrow to see what I can do in the last miles of the long run. I very much hope to open it up in those miles. Fingerscrossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment