Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sleeping the Week Away - Week in Review

Thought for Today - Saturday Sept 22,2012 - Rest when you're weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work. Ralph Marston


In the beginning the week, I was still pushing through the fatigue that I had been experiencing for a good time. With my thyroid functioning at such a high level due the meds, my body would start to feel more worn down really easily and I would feel the need to rest more often. I resisted it for the most part. Than on Wednesday after not being able to run 2 miles, my inner voice was screaming at me to rest!!! I let myself off the hook and just rested. I allowed my body to get the sleep it had been craving for so long. I literally slept until 10AM from Thursday through Saturday and than took an afternoon nap of 1-3 hrs. This sleep was so deep that I could not pull myself out of it. Lucky for me my hubby would get the kids out the door for me and just covered me all day on Saturday.

This AM I woke up before 10AM! I was felt refreshed and in good spirits! I decided to lace up the shoes to see how running felt. I was able to run 6 easy miles without feeling like it was a death march!! Ah! I am going to continue to rest as much as possible and take my running day by day based on energy level. 

Monday 4 Miles
Tuesday 60 minute Hike
Wednesday 2 Miles & 60 Minute Walk
Thursday 60 minute Hike & 45 Minute Walk
Friday Rest
Saturday Rest
Sunday 6 Miles

Miles total = 12 Running Miles

I am proud of myself for listening to that inner voice that told me to rest. I am proud of myself for running today and enjoying it even those my pace is much slower. I celebrated that I could run today and no matter the pace I was still able to do what I love.


do what you love !

No comments:

Post a Comment