Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving & Reflection on Wednesday run

Happy Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for and spending a day in deep gratitude is always good for the soul.

So yesterday I woke up feeling so blah and trying to get my self excited to do a big work out. I felt overly tired and yuck plus the kids were home so it was hard to get my head in the game so when the babysitter arrived - I jetted out the door feeling pretty indifferent about my workout. I had hoped I would feel good once I started running but no my easy warm-up and strides were not great but thought about the times when I felt horrible during a warm-up and still had a great workout so I had some hope.

Started my first set of 3X3 @ 7:10-7:20 pace. Felt okay in the first mile at 7:17 and in the second mile I was okay at 7:20 but felt like I was working to hard to maintain 7:20 pace in the second. Felt sluggish and the effort seemed harder than it should finish at 7:25 - yikes and felt wiped out from it. I started the second start with a 7:16 and felt I was going to vomit in that second mile. I knew I something was off - I was overly tired, not taking in a enough carbs and not recover from my 20 miler. Funny after a doing this for a year, I know when my body is not up for the effort and I pull the plug on this work out, no sense in digging myself in a hole at this point. After the last hole I had dug for myself, I will not be making that mistake again. I decide just to run it in easy for a completion of 14 miles with 4 miles averaging 7:20. I feel like this was a good call on my part as my body didn't mind running easy but it definitely did not want to run fast which I believe was due to low glycogen stores from running my easys too fast in the days before and not allowing my body to fully recover my 20 miler & not taking in enough carbs. Lesson learned and happy to complete 14 miles. I will take it!





My leg is starting to really feel good and I am confident that I will be 100% when I toe the line in Jacksonville.

We are excitingly planning our Christmas vacation trip starting my marathon on Dec 16. Immediately following my marathon, we will do a 2 hour drive to get on our 4 day Disney cruise followed by 4 days at the Disney Parks and Legoland arriving home on Dec 23rd. Very excited about this trip!

Now if you are close to me you know that my goals have changed for Jacksonville Marathon. I am using it as a training run and no goals effort in prep for my goal race of Charleston Marathon which is 5 weeks after Jacksonville. After my crazy October and beginning of November, I felt the need to reassess things and this is what feels like the best decision for me.

My goal is to go Jacksonville and fall in love with the marathon again. It has been way too long since I have run a marathon. Go with no exceptions just to run because I fricking love to run the marathon! Than I recover for 10 days and getting some solid training and run hard in Charleston.



No comments:

Post a Comment