Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What is meant to be will always find a way




This quote is heavy on my heart today. I had added to my last post and it has just stuck with me. I keep have having all these insights and memories of how what is meant to be in your life will always find a way.

The one thought that keeps sticking with me is a recent experience in Detroit. My closet friend in High School was going to running the Detroit Half and we had tried to makes plans to meet up before the race. Due to me being there with my family and husband, it was difficult to find time to meet up with her. We didn't end making final plans.

Well this is how crazy and beautiful life is when something is meant to happen it will and you do not have to control it but just let it be. So we were at the expo for the race. Thousands of people jammed packed like fish trying swim upstream against a rise of fish trying to get downstream. My husband, my sister, my dad and myself all trying to get through without losing sight of each other. In a moment, my dad seem to break from the pack. Him being a bit shorter was not easy to spot in the crowd. My eyes were searching and landed directly on my best friend from high school. I haven't seen her in 13 yrs but I immediately recognized her. I took quick note of her location and made the split second decision that I could not lose my Dad in this crowd. Him being 65 and not use to crowds, I knew if I lost him the outcome would not be so happy. So I made the decision to find my Dad and come back to that area and look for Rachel (HS BFF). No such luck after reuniting with Dad. I had a moment where I thought Oh well I hope to see her tomorrow at the race somewhere.

Than after we left the Expo, we headed out into the city via the People Mover. As we were on the People Mover, we made a last decision to get off at the finishline stop to see the finishline staging area. This being my Dads and husbands first half marathon, I thought it would be fun for them to see and take the event in to its fullest. The streets around this part of Detroit were vacant. Hardly a soul or car in the area with the exception of some race personal doing some course management stuff. Anyway we goofed around in the clean and unused port-a-potties and chatted with the race personal when I just happen to turn and see a car. In that car was Rachel, I yelled Rachel and she was just as shocked as I was to find me in the middle of empty Detroit. She parked and we had our reunion of hugs and happiness to see each other again.

What is crazy about this reunion was had I not turned at the exact moment, she would have driven by and not seen us and had she not had her window down, she would not have heard me yell and or I may not seen in her car. It was a chilly day and she said that she had no idea why she her window down and kind of got lost trying to figure out how to get back to the highway from the expo. Seriously, this was fate at play.

When the first fate-induced meeting was missed than fate found a way to for us to meet again.

For me my heart is big and full knowing that what is meant to be will always find a way to be even when you think your opportunity has passed, it will find another way to come to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment