Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tuesday's run



I am still smiling about my Tuesday run. I had 14 miles with 8 miles at MP. It was such a satisying run. I did it outside off the treadmill, off the track and off the AlterG. I was so happy to be finding my stride outside on the road again. Although I hit the second mile of my MP miles and I didn't feel that great and struggling at first to find marathon pace and relax into it. There was a thought that said "oh your iron levels are down, you can shut this down" and  I fought that thought with we'll just take this mile by mile and if I can't settle into a pace than I will shut it down but somewhere I settled into the pace. One thing I remind myself is that MP is not easy and I am going to have to work so I have remember how to work and relax. I think you get to a point where you think it should be easy and when it is not easy it can be discouraging but it felt great to push past this place mentally & physically to have a terrific run. While yes I have run 8 miles of MP faster in August & September. I was so happy that I mentally pushed through and feel excited that I was able to run this pace given my iron levels and it makes me excited to think about what is possible with higher iron stores.




6 easy & 8 miles at  - 7:39, 7:33, 7:34, 7:35, 7:33, 7:35, 7:27, 7:10 - 7:31 average





No comments:

Post a Comment