Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 6, 2012

Be like Water

Not much new report. I had a great pace run yesterday morning. It was a confidence booster that my pace seemed relatively easy and relaxed. I ran 6 @ 7:48 average with a w/u & c/d. Just dialing into my pace & effort right now so my body and mind know it on race day.

Christian is getting better. Going into the week I had these things planned to catch up on after the holidays. Sometimes life happens and we get sidetracked and put on the right path. I have got to spend lots of time loving and nurturing Christian. If this was a high mileage week, I think I might be stressed but it came at a time when I needed to rest and relax and probably not be running around town trying to accomplished little errands. I was cuddling with Christian for a few hours yesterday reading to him and watching youtube videos with him and it was so nice! He is usually running around playing nerf wars or legos so we don't cuddle as much so it has been nice at the same time. So his illness this week has forced me to rest and relax more than I might have...

Hoping the weekend of resting will bring Christian to 100% so we can get a great start to next week.

Lesson learned this week from the Christian's unplanned illness that was a bit of a hiccup - In order to be content in the moment, is be like water, fluid and going with the flow, rather than a rock which is rigid and has no give. Water moves and becomes more powerful with the current and a rock will always remain the same.

“Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.” ~ Bruce Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment