Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Just do it

The common theme of the past few days is low energy and lack of motivation. I think the combination of the holidays & training finally caught with me. The frustration of forgetting things due to both having so much going was really getting to me. If you think I was absent-minded before :-) add in the demands of 74 mpw week and Christmas well I may of forgot a few more things and delayed in other things. My apologies :-) So the emotional roller coaster of these emotions I think took a little pep from my step.
I knew I had this workout to do today and really was NOT keyed up to do it. I knew I needed to change my mindset but as I drove to the trail I was still in a mess of I don't want to run today and I wish this was a rest day. Not a good way to start a key workout. I got to the trail and just turned off my mind and went through my warm-up routine. I figure I would not let my mind get in the way of what my body knows how to do. There is something soothing about a warm-up routine that puts erroneous thoughts out of range. Robotically I warmed up and than I was off easily hitting my 4 miles @ MP but than sorted started dreading the fact I had to pick up the pace for the final four. I told myself when I got to mile 4 - just do it and stop thinking about it. I easily and robotically nailed the last 4 miles @ 7:31, 7:23, 7:30, 7:24
I realized that I had to get out of my own damn way to get this workout done. If I let my mind at all in on this workout than it might have been abysmal.
Tomorrow I get a rest day and than some easy miles for the next 3-5 days. Ah - can you say taper!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment