Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Miles of Thoughts

I had a thought today as I was stretching after my run. I realized that I am really enjoying all these miles. It hasn't been hard too to push through and do them. I am handling them with relative ease and good spirits. My running friend Kim, said to me a while back "you are going to miss all these miles". And today I realized that was going to be true. I have really enjoyed losing myself in running. Even after I ran in the late AM - I was already itching for another run by mid-day. I realized that I have 2 doubles next week so I decided to save the doubles till the real high mileage week. A big sye as I think that after next weeks high mileage that it won't be for another 3-4 months that I will get to run this kind of mileage again. I promised myself today to enjoy it while it lasts. I love the happy, relax and sedated feeling in the evenings from a day well spent.
Climb slowly, steadily, enjoying each passing moment; and the view from the
summit will serve as a fitting climax for the journey.
– Harold V. Melchert

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I handle stress much better when I run more miles. Tapering stresses me out. I would rather just run :)
    Enjoy the miles.

    ReplyDelete