Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Finding the Place where the Boom Bands are Playing

For some of you know that my favorite book ever is Oh the Places you will go! I have read it so many times to myself and my children that I can read the whole book in my head. My daughter and I especially love reading all Dr.Seuss books together. Anyway I digress - Lets get back to the title of the blog post and really something that has been in my head over and over these past few days. I just keep thinking I want to get back to the place where Boom Bands are playing.

where Boom Bands are playing


Here is an excerpt from that portion of the book for reference - 

Somehow you'll escape
all that waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing.

With banner flip-flapping,
once more you'll ride high!
Ready for anything under the sky.
Ready because you're that kind of a guy!
But for now this is where I am at and finding contentment in this place -

There are some, down the road between hither and yon,
that can scare you so much you won't want to go on.

But on you will go
though the weather be foul
On you will go
though your enemies prowl
On you will go
though the Hakken-Kraks howl
Onward up many
a frightening creek,
though your arms may get sore
and your sneakers may leak.

On and on you will hike
and I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems
whatever they are.

I know that I will eventually get back to where the Boom Bands are playing I am just in a place where I am cultivating peace with what is and loving life no matter what circumstances may pop up.

NO!  That's not for you!    Somehow you'll escape  all that waiting and staying.  You'll find the bright places  where Boom Bands are playing.    With banner flip-flapping,  once more you'll ride high!  Ready for anything under the sky.  Ready because you're that kind of a guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment