Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Big Week on tap

Even though I will not be working out this week!! I am totally excited by my goal for the week! To go over 80 miles!!! Woo hoo! I have hit 75, 76, 77, 78 and 80 once I am thinking maybe at one point I may have hit 80. I have to go back and look to be sure but this week will be over 80 so it will be a mileage PR and setting the course for stronger tomorrows! I remember last year when I hit 70 for the first time and than 77 for the first time - it was scary and uncharted territories  Both my initial climbs had to be done with care - lots of prehab and TLC to keep the body going and in check. And I know that those weeks were exhausting and beat me up a bit. After more weeks than not in the 70s in 2012, I am now ready to go into the 80s! Funny thing is I thought that in the fall I would hit this milestone earlier but I have to admit running in the 70s is hard and trying to get over the hump of uppers 70s is harder!! It includes running doubles and several longer runs. It is way harder than I had thought to go into the 80s, so here is to a week of milestones!!! I am excited to get over the hump!



No comments:

Post a Comment