Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Steady State Success


WOW What a difference a day makes! Yesterday I struggled to run 10 miles @ 9:45 average and today I ran 8 miles steady @ 7:32 average and just days ago I struggled to hit that pace in a tempo interval workout.

I had no idea how I would fair today with yesterday being very difficult and my mid-week tempo interval workout emptying the tank. My coach and I decided that I needed to go into my weekend workouts with the intention of going easy and letting my body determine effort "in-run". I just needed to relax and let it happen if I felt decent. There has been no rhythm or reasons to the days I feel good and the days I feel like a truck hit me so really I have no idea what my body is going to be up for when I start running. I just have to go with the flow and allow the day to be what is going to be.

Today was one of the good days when I feel pretty okay when I started out. I wasn't sluggish and didn't have the calmy, fluish feeling so after my first mile being easy I started to work into my steady pace (7:30-7:40). Felt decent with first mile being 7:40 so I just keep rolling and allowing the run to come to me.

7:40, 7:36, 7:33, 7:35, 7:35, 7:33, 7:30, 7:25

I felt good and smooth the whole time. I knew I could press the pace harder if I wanted to but I was more concerned with not emptying the tank as I have a 20 miler tomorrow. So just concentrated on a smooth & consistent pace that wasn't too taxing on my body.

Nice day!

I just liked this - so I thought I would share :-) As it made me smile, I hope it makes some else out there smile too!!

one day


No comments:

Post a Comment